- High tweeting coming from the ground. Tweeting in Kuwait City is extremely elevated over the past few days with today reaching a score of 71 for the center. Track in real time. In some areas during the day we saw geo-tagged tweeting in parts Kuwait city reaching 85 at which point it equaled the center of Paris. These levels are elevated for the Arab world.
- But given Kuwait City's population of over two million and the wealth of the nation this elevation does not necessarily indicate a political event. It could be users interested in larger events in the Arab world, or just prosperity leading to more smartphone and tablet usage.
- We are seeing a steady flow of posts on Twitter for the hashtage #8Mar, the day of Rage Planned for Kuwait. Many #Kuwait tweets are cross tagged with#8Mar. A large percentage of people talking about Kuwait are doing so in Arabic and talking about the 8 Mach protest.
- So we have established heavy tweeting and tweeting about the March 8th protests.
- There are reports that a young group will use Twitter to call for a protest, and the increased use of twitter would indicate that the protest are likely to begin.
Based upon our analysis of Twitter activity and hash content we believe that there is a profound chance that a period of prolonged protests may be about to beginning, or already has begun in Kuwait.