Photo By Gail Orenstein/courtesy of the web 3.0 lab/clima
We have observed a pattern we have seen before in the Bahrain today:
- First we saw a lot of accounts on twitter claiming the protesters were causing violence, making claims like kidnapping and attacking police we could not validate
- We also saw a number of accounts claiming to be ordinary Bahrainis talking about how the protesters were harming everyday life in the nation.
- The Saudi regime launched what can only be called an occupation of the country.
- Later today tweeting levels exploded around the country.
- We are reading a lot of reports on Twitter of violence.
- At about the same time the twitter accounts who were supporting the regime mostly vanished, in what we call a Troll Attack.
We can only conclude that a pretty violent crackdown on pro-democracy protesters is taking place in Bahrain right now. But that the protesters have not been broken and the levels of communication and organization are actually increasing.