Microsoft to buy Skype, will it be a game changer?
The Luxembourg-based company provides a software-based communications service that allows people to make free voice and video calls over the Internet to other Skype users using almost any Internet-connected device. The voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP service also allows people to make and receive calls from regular telephone numbers using a paid service.
- Microsoft strong position in PC making it still the main platform people create and use information.
- Nokia new phones are excellent.
- Microsoft Office 365 could become the Office productivity platform of almost all business users very soon.
- Skype purchase.
- The excellent reviews Windows 7 Mobile has gotten.
- Weak mobile reputation.
- Strong position of Android in mobile area.
- Web 2.0 owned by other firms like Google and Facebook.