- Replacing physical buttons on devices with equivalent on-screen icons.
- New lock screen features - the ability to access camera and notifications.
- Ability to group apps and shortcuts by dragging icons onto each other.
- Redesigned multi-tasking screen. Applications are represented by scrollable tiles.
Other software changes include:
- Face recognition unlocking. Rather than entering a pattern code as in previous versions, users can opt to look into their camera.
- Enhanced email capability - support for nested subfolders
- Android Beam - users can swap web content or links to apps by touching their phones together.
- Enhanced voice input featuring a continuously open microphone - meaning phones listen out for instructions."
BBC News - Android debuts Ice Cream Sandwich