Saturday, 20 April 2013

Learn PHP or Python, but don't waste time on node.js


I am not really a programmer as much as a maker. I make things with computers, sometimes I write code, sometimes XML, sometimes content, sometimes graphics and movies. So PHP is my personal favourite, and I use JavaScript to get things done on the page. Actually I love PHP, because it is so simply and quick. I am trained as a developer to some degree, having taken courses staring in high school in Basic and Visual Basic, Pascal, Lisp and Java. I have developed in ASP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, JavaScript, JPS, VB and C# and written SQL queries. I have used SQL Server and SharePoint along with Drupal, though I am no one's idea of a guru. But when I personally starting working in PHP it opened a world of rapid development and collaboration. I can get someone else to write plumbing then I go in a do my analysis, someone else makes the JQuery interface. Life is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment